Custom Die-casting Service-OEM China Die-casting Parts Manufacturer
Ouzhan is the world's leader in precision die casting, has been specialized inproviding professional precision die casting services for decades. Though Ouzhan'sroots lie in our proprietary multi-slide die casting process we are equally as strong in the manufacture of larger parts by conventional hot and cold chamber die casting methods.
Die casting is a fast, cost-effective manufacturing process method for production of high volume, net-shaped, tight tolerance metal components. Usually, die casting parts can be assembled and applied without further turning, and threaded parts can also be cast directly. The mold has a long life, and the die casting mold can usually produce any number of components, from hundreds of thousands to millions.
From small parts such as general camera parts, typewriter parts, electronic computing devices and decorations, as well as complex parts of vehicles such as automobiles, locomotives, and airplanes, most of them are manufactured by die casting.
Ouzhan Precision Die Casting Capabilities and Features:
- Cost-effective mass production
- Partial integration eliminates operations
- Capabilities of manufacturing complex shapes
- Stable high quality in mass production
- Tight tolerances in die casting
- The long life of moulds
Why Choose Ouzhan Die Casting Services
1. When we receive an inquiry from the customer, we will conduct a preliminary evaluation to see if we can produce. If possible, and after the project is approved, we will send the quotation.
2. Our service flow for new projects
• Customer places moulds and samples order.
• We issue PI at 50% of the mold cost to pay the deposit.
• Send client mould design drawings for approval .
• Start mold production after the receipt of 50% deposit.
• Send samples and other docs like material certification and inspection report for approval.
• Mass production after approval of samples.
3. Strong R&D Strength
We have 10 engineers in our R&D centre, all of them are doctors or professors from University of Science and Technology of China. We can offer the most professional die casting mould design services.
4. Strict Quality Control (ISO 9001:2008)
We have professional quality inspection personnel and equipments, according to the international standards to your products to test, and issue a detailed test report for customers' CNC machining parts.
5. OEM & ODM Acceptable
Customized sizes and shapes are available. Welcome to share your 2D or 3D drawings of your CNC machining parts with us, let’s work together to make life more creative.
What Is Die Casting Service & How Die Casting Works
Die casting is also called pressure casting. It is a casting method in which molten alloy liquid is poured into a press chamber, the cavity of a steel mold is filled at high speed, and the alloy liquid is solidified under pressure to form a casting. The main characteristics of die casting that distinguish it from other casting methods are high pressure and high speed.
① The molten metal fills the cavity under pressure, and crystallizes and solidifies under higher pressure, the common pressure is 15-100MPa.
② The molten metal fills the cavity at a high speed, usually 10-50 meters per second, and some can exceed 80 meters per second (the linear velocity of the cavity through the inner gate-the inner gate speed), so the molten metal The filling time is extremely short, and the cavity can be filled in about 0.01-0.2 seconds (depending on the size of the casting).
The advantages of die casting include excellent dimensional accuracy of castings. Usually this depends on the casting material. The typical value is 0.1 mm for the initial 2.5 cm size, and 0.002 mm for each additional cm. Compared with other casting processes, its casting surface is smooth, and the fillet radius is about 1-2.5 microns. Compared to sandbox or permanent mold casting methods, castings with a wall thickness of about 0.75 mm can be produced. It can directly cast internal structures, such as wire sleeves, heating elements, and high-strength bearing surfaces. Other advantages include its ability to reduce or avoid secondary machining, fast production speed, casting tensile strength of up to 415 MPa, and high fluidity metal casting.
Die casting Materials – Materials Used for Die Casting
The metals used for die casting mainly include zinc, copper, aluminum, magnesium, lead, tin, and lead-tin alloys. Although die-cast iron is rare, it is also feasible. More special die-casting metals include ZAMAK, aluminum-zinc alloys and the standards of the American Aluminum Association: AA380, AA384, AA386, AA390 and AZ91D magnesium. The characteristics of various metals are as follows:
• Zinc: The easiest metal to die-cast, it is economical to manufacture small parts, easy to coat, high compressive strength, high plasticity, and long casting life.
• Aluminum: Lightweight, complex manufacturing and thin-walled castings have high dimensional stability, strong corrosion resistance, good mechanical properties, high thermal and electrical conductivity, and high strength at high temperatures.
• Magnesium: easy to be machined, high strength-to-weight ratio, the lightest among commonly used die-cast metals.
• Copper: High hardness, strong corrosion resistance, the best mechanical properties of commonly used die-casting metals, wear resistance, and strength close to steel.
• Lead and tin: high density, high dimensional accuracy, can be used as special anti-corrosion parts. For public health considerations, this alloy cannot be used as food processing and storage equipment. The alloy of lead, tin and antimony (sometimes containing a bit of copper) can be used to make manual type and bronzing in letterpress printing.
The upper mass limits for die-casting using aluminum, copper, magnesium and zinc are 70 lb (32 kg), 10 lb (4.5 kg), 44 lb (20 kg) and 75 lb (34 kg) respectively.
Other Available Casting Services
Die casting is just one of many casting processes. As the upstream machinery processing factory, OuZhan also has a variety of other casting plant resources downstream. We can provide customers with any other casting service:
1.Sand mold casting method
Using sand as a mold material, sand with different compositions can be subdivided into green sand mold casting, surface dry sand mold casting, etc., but not all sand can be used for casting. The advantage is that the cost is lower because the sand used in the mold can be reused; the disadvantage is that the production of the mold is time-consuming, the mold itself cannot be reused, and the finished product can only be obtained after being destroyed.
2. Metal mold casting method
Use a metal with a higher melting point than the raw material to make a mold. Among them are subdivided into gravity casting method, low pressure casting method and high pressure casting method. Subject to the melting point of the mold, the metal that can be cast is also limited.Die casting is belong to metal mold casting methods.
3. Lost wax method
This method can be the outer film casting method and the solid casting method. This method has good accuracy and can be used for casting high melting point metals (such as titanium). However, due to the high price of ceramics, and the need for multiple heating and complicated production, the cost is quite expensive.
Applications of Die Casting Services and Parts
Valve & pipe
Ouzhan Die Casting Surface Finishes
Here is a wide selection of metal surface finishing services at your choice for the machined CNC turning parts to improve the parts appearance, surface smoothness, corrosion resistance, and other characteristics:
① As machined(standard): ~125 RA µin (3.2 RA µm). Minor tool marks will be visible on the part.
② Smoothed: Parts are machined at a lower feed rate in order to achieve a surface roughness of ~62.5 RA µin (1.6 RA µm). Surface roughness can be decreased up to ~32 RA µin (0.8RAµm) upon request.
③ Bead Blasted: Bead blasting adds a uniform matte or satin surface finish on a machined part, removing all tool marks. Mainly used for aesthetic purposes.
④ Anodized Clear or Color: Anodizing adds a thin, hard, non-conductive ceramic coating on the surface of aluminum parts, increasing their corrosion and wear resistance. Available in a variety of colors.
⑤ Anodized Hardcoat: Hardcoat anodizing produces a thicker ceramic coating providing excellent corrosion and wear resistance. for functional applications.
⑥ Powder Coated: Powder coating adds a thin layer of strong, wear and corrosion resistant protective polymer paint on the surface of a part. Available in a large range of colors.
⑦ Electropolished: Electropolishing is an electrochemical process used to polish, passivate and deburr metal parts. It is useful to reduce surface surface roughness.
⑧ Black oxide: Black oxide is a conversion coating used to improve corrosion resistance and minimize light reflection.
⑨ Chromate conversion coating (Alodine/Chemfilm): Chromate conversion coating is used to increase the corrosion resistance of metal alloys while maintaining their conductive properties.
⑩ Brushing: Brushing is produced by polishing the metal with grit resulting in a unidirectional satin finish.